Thursday, March 18, 2010

Swale's Article

Since I finished reading this article about Academic writing, I realized I wasn't writing in a proper way.
It's important to know audience's expectations and prior knowledge.(Swale,pg7)
It will be helpful for audience to understand academic papers.

Also there are few patterns of writing in your academic papers.
In addition, there are apporopriate words and phrases for academic writing.

Actually I wished to see some of the answers for our tasks which were given on this paper.
Because I wasn't sure about my answers for some of taks and some of words here were little confusing to me.

However, It's very difficult to write a formal writing as I am not a native English speaker.
But, I believe I'll get better each time if i keep practice my writing and get some feedback from my classmates or professors.

2 comments:

Kyungwoo said...

Yes, I also believe you will be better and we will take a step forward in our writing if we keep trying to overcome our weak points!

Eric Reynolds said...

Hi Judy,

good that you got some good ides for your writing . . . and I would be glad to review any of the tasks that you have questions on . . . you probably guessed that we do not really teach "English classes" in the program :), but I am always glad to work with students who want to learn :)

cheers,
eric