Thursday, March 11, 2010

Interesting Topics In TESOL-MALL

There are many interesting topics in TESOL-MALL program. I'm interested in Testing in English Teaching course and Curriculum & Materials Development. Those courses will be very helpful for me in order to teach when I'm not teaching books. Also I'm interested in Whole Language and writing for Academic Purposes Courses. Even though I don't know what Whole Language is at the moment, I will figure it out.
The reason I'm interested in writing course is I'd love to improve my writing skills so it will be more effective to the students.

In addition, I've taught alot of listening and speaking parts for last past few years. Because of that, Seminar in Teaching Listening & Speaking sounds good to me. Also while I was teaching, I had to have a debate with my students and helped them to speak up their opinion. I'd like to learn how to make a better debate or discussion in class. So because of all of these reasons, I'm looking forward to study here at TESOL-MALL.

3 comments:

Eric Reynolds said...

excellent! I know this sounds weird, but I really want you to start thinking about what you want to research, because one goal for this class is to give you skills to write one chapter of your thesis (the literature review). I would be happy if you could actually write it in the class.

so pick a topic!

:)

-eric

Judy said...

I was confused by this assignment.
It was only for online students maybe.

However i haven't read the Swale's Unit yet. and i wrote interesting Topics in TESOL-MALL last week(before i read Swale's Unit i mean)So by the time i read Swale's i will be albe to write it again.

Eric Reynolds said...

no worries Judy . . . you are doing and learning that is the only thing I want :)

-e