Thursday, March 11, 2010

Plagiarism Thoughts

After I read the article for the first time, I wasn't able to think what to write on my blog at all.
So I decided to read again. There were some parts that I don't agree with what have been written on the paper. But somehow I learned my lesson through this article also.

What I understood from this article was plagiarism,using another persons' words, ideas without asking for a permission or getting a permission from him/her.

Before I read this article, I thought it will be alright to paraphrases so it could only be my own words. I didn't really think it will cause any problem.
Because if you don't really have experiences with writing, then it will be much hard for you to write on something. You might get an idea from other people when you discuss with someone or when you read their writing. It will help you to build up for the outline of your writing.

But I realized that when you paraphrases statements, you have to be careful with the words that you choose. Otherwise it will cause totally different writing.However, I think it won't be a problem to plagiarize at least you put some quotation marks with the source that you have been used. But the best thing to do is use your own words or paraphrase after reading other peoples' paper.

1 comment:

Eric Reynolds said...

yeah I think those are the main point, also, it helps you reader trace who you have been reading and what sorts of traditions provide a background for your work.

-e